Commercial Solar Thermal System, are also known as Solar thermal vacuum tubes and flat plate systems.
The solar thermal vacuum tubes and flat plate harness the sun’s energy by turning the solar radiation into heat, then later used to heat water in the house. Kingspan solar supply and provide those technologies solutions that offer real costs savings for commercial and domestic applications.
Kingspan Solar’s Solar Thermal technologies help homeowners and businesses to have a free hot water by offering a full technical design service, accredited installer partners as well as market leading products.
Features and Performance
- MCS Approved and Solar Keymarked
- Highly efficient
- Designed especially for Northern European climates
- Up to 10 – 20 years guarantee depending of the technology
- used on new build and existing homes
- In-roof’, ‘on-roof’ and A-frame options
Cost and savings
- Evacuated tube solar collector system will cost between £3,000 – £5,000 to get installed and will produce between 1,000 – 2,500 kWh of useful heat (50% of hot water requirements).
- By getting a MCS approved installer, people will be entitled to the renewable heat premium payment grant which for solar thermal installations is about £600. In addition, in March 2013 the Renewable heat incentive is launching which will pay you 17.3p / kWh of heat produced.
- An annual return of between £170 and £430 depending on the exact output evacuated tube solar collector
- payment is guaranteed for 7 years, producing free hot water for use in your home.