Dimplex Solar Hot Water Panels when properly specified and installed can provide as much as 60% of the annual hot water demand of a property from carbon-free solar energy. Thus making a considerable contribution towards Building Regulations Part L compliance, particularly in contemporary styled homes with large areas of glazing which are subject to large space heating heat losses.
In Northern Ireland when the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is launched for domestic properties, home owners can expect to benefit from RHI tariff payments to offset the extra build costs and generate
a regular income over the duration of the scheme.
A visual statement of the home owners’ green credentials, a solar thermal system contributes towards a higher rated Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property which can potentially improve its saleability and increase its value as well as reducing long term heating bills and reliance on fossil fuels.
Dimplex Solar Hot Water Panels Features and Performance
- Suitable for horizontal or vertical mounting with connections of up to 4 panels in series
- Available to install in slate, tile, flat and coach bolt roofs
- Lightweight – only 29kg per panel when empty
- 3.2mm structured solar safety glass with 85% transmission allowing the collector to absorb a large range of light frequencies
- The structured safety glass has optional impact resistance tests as detailed in EN12975-2
- Aluminium, anthracite powder coated frame provides lightweight protection for the absorber that blends with the roof
- Spring suspended aluminium absorber sheet providing high efficiency over product life span
- Laser welded meander absorber for low pressure drop of overall collector field
- Compression fittings for ease of installation
- 10 year warranty
There are also Renewable Energy Grants for the Installers of Solar Hot Water Panels Northern Ireland, Ireland. If you install a solar thermal, solar hot water panel on your existing home in Ireland, you may be entitled to a €1200 SEAI Better Energy Homes Grant (*T+C APPLY). If yu install a solar thermal, solar hot water panel on your home in Northern Ireland, you may be entitled to a £320 Northern Ireland Renewable Heat Premium Payment Scheme grant, and Renewable Heat Incentive Payments (*T+C APPLY)