Heat recovery Ventilation, also known as HRV or mechanical ventilation heat recovery, is an energy recovery ventilation system using equipment known as a heat recovery ventilator, heat exchanger, or air-to-air heat exchanger which employs a cross flow or a counter-flow heat exchanger between the inbound and the outbound air flow.
What is Heat Recovery?
Heat recovery is a process of continuously preheating incoming cool supply air by warming it with the outgoing exhaust air.
Warm air is not simply exhausted to outside. Highly efficient heat exchangers transfer a larger percentage of heat energy to incoming supply air.
What is ventilation with Heat Recovery?
A Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation (MVHR) system offers a solution by bringing fresh air into all habitable areas without letting the heat escape.
What are the Benefits of Heat Recovery Ventilation?
- Fresh air
- Warm well ventilated home
- Help save on your heating bills
- Reduce the need for air conditioning
- Eliminate excess moisture out of the building and furnishings
- Improvement in health
- Keeping interior ‘climate’ at a constant level.
- Helps retain over 90% of heat