Northern Ireland Renewable Heat Premium Payment Scheme is an renewable energy grant designed to help domestic householders in Northern Ireland afford alternative renewable technologies that can heat their home and provide hot water by a more energy efficent method than traditional heating fuels such as oil or gas.
If you qualify, the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) will provide you with a voucher. Once you have had one of the following renewable technologies installed in your property, this voucher can then be exchanged for grant money.
- Air source heat pumps
- Biomass-fuelled boilers
- Ground source or water source heat pumps
- Solar thermal hot water
Air to air heat pumps, wood fuelled stoves (unless they are part of a system with a back boiler) and bio-liquid fuelled systems are not eligible for this scheme.
Northern Ireland Renewable Heat Premium Scheme Grant Details
- 3,500 Ground Source Heat Pumps
- £ 2,500 Biomass and Wood Pellet Boilers
- £ 1,700 Air Source Heat Pumps
- £ 1,000 Replacement Boilers
- £ 320 Solar Panels
If you want to know whether you qualify for the scheme, details on the eligibility criteria can be found at the following link:
- Eligibility for the RHPP scheme Terms and conditions are also available on the site: RHPP – Terms and conditions