NuTech Solar Enhanced Ventilation System. How does it work
The patented NuTech Solar Enhanced Ventilation System (SEV) heats hot water and rooms in a home. Solar hot water panels go onto the roof of the home, and a solar hot water storage tank is installed. There are more solar panels installed on the roof than a normal solar hot water heating system. So you can collect as much solar energy as possible. The solar energy collected is then used to heat hot water and rooms in a home.
Solar Hot Water. Solar energy comes from the solar panels on the roof. It is then sent to a coil at the bottom of the solar hot water tank. This heats the water in the tank, and provides the hot water for the house.
Solar Assisted Heating. The solar hot water tank can act as a heat store for the solar energy collected. When requested (via the IRES controller) this stored solar energy is taken from the solar tank to a air handling unit. The SEV System will send out warmed air at 28C to the house. This warms the air in the home. This reduces the energy required for home heating. In summer, when no heat is wanted you can divert the energy away from the radiator. The solar energy will go only to the solar hot water tank .
Solar Assisted Ventilation.
The home is supplied with fresh air. When required this air can be warmed via solar energy. The system has two methods for heating the air.
(1) During daylight solar energy from the solar panels is sent to a water to air heat ex-changer. The ex-changer uses this energy to warm the fresh air entering the house. So the house is supplied with warm fresh air.
(2) Throughout the day the solar hot water tank can act as a heat store for the solar energy collected. At night when no solar energy is available, the ires controller sends this energy to the ventilation system . This then uses the energy to warm the air in the house.
Positive Input Ventilation.
The SEV works like a Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) system. The Ires controller monitors the conditions in the house. It then adjusts the fans in the ventilation unit. This ensures comfort levels and freshness in the house. Positive Input Ventilation systems pressurize a house. This is important as it helps to reduce air leakage, i.e warm hot air escaping.
All three elements of the SEV will help to reduce the energy required for home heating.
Unique Patented Technology.
Low levels of solar radiation are found in winter months in Ireland. As a result in most cases the solar energy collected would be to weak to heat water in a solar tank. Therefore a normal solar hot water heating system would not work.
In winter the SEV solar panels will collect this low grade solar energy. The low grade solar energy is then sent to a air handling unit. The SEV System then sends out warmed air at 28C to the house. This warms the air in the home. As a result it now takes less energy to heat your home. So this saves you money and helps to reduce your heating bill.
Benefits of NuTech Solar Enhanced Ventilation System For Part L and Ber Requirements
- Achieve an A2 Rated house.
- Uses Natural Ventilation.
- You can use standard U-Values in the Ground Floor, External Walls, Roof and Windows.
- This system meets Part L of the 2011 Building Regulations.
- In addition NuTech can supply a SEV system for a house with a MVHR system.
- In Addition NuTech can supply a SEH system for a house with a Fan Coil Radiator.
The heat loss in a home is made smaller as a result of the Positive input ventilation (PIV) system.
House is pressurized. This improves the situation when radon gas levels are above normal.
A sev system is an easy and affordable way to improve the indoor air quality of the home.
Especially relevant is the Ires controller is easy for the home-owner to use and understand.
Awards for the NuTech Solar Enhanced Ventilation System
2014: “Best Renewable Energy Product”. Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland . 2014 Energy Show.
2013: “Uk Bronze Winner. ” Energy Reduction”. Green Apple Awards 2013.
2013: “Most Innovative Renewable Installation”. Action Renewable Association Awards 2013.