SEAI Better Energy Grant. The Better Energy Home scheme provides grants to home-owners to upgrade their homes with energy efficiency measures, thus reducing energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Better Energy Homes is a Government scheme which gives fixed cash grants for insulation and heating system upgrades, helping to make your home more comfortable and cheaper to run. It is available to all owners of homes built before 2006. Grants are provided for the following upgrade works done to any home built before 2006:
- Roof insulation
- Wall insulation
- Boiler and heating control upgrades
- Solar panels
Grant payment will be subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme and in particular the following:
- Grant payment will be subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme and in particular the following:
- Grant is only eligible for homes built before 2006
- Grant approval must be in place before works commence
- Grant works must be completed to SEAI standards by a SEAI registered contractor
- Grant works, including a published BER, must be completed and paperwork submitted to SEAI within six months of the grant offer.EAI Better Energy Grant What are the criteria for applying?
To be eligible to apply to the Better Energy Homes scheme, the following criteria must be met:
- Grant approval from SEAI must be in place before any purchase of materials or commencement of measures undertaken.
- The grant offer, once accepted by the applicant, remains valid for six (6) months from the date of issue of grant offer notification.
- Applicants to the Better Energy Homes scheme must use Contractors who are active on the registered Contractor List at the time of works.
- The measure being applied for must be for newly fitted materials / products and cannot have been incentive previously in the particular home under any other grant programme.Qualifying expenditure includes materials and labour except in the instance where a Contractor is completing works within his own home in which case only the cost of materials will be deemed qualifying expenditure.
- SEAI Better Energy Grant How do I apply?
There are 2 methods to apply for a Better Energy Homes scheme grant.: Online: Immediate response once all the requested information is provided Application Form by Post: Response within 20 working days. For application details please visit the ‘How to Apply’ page in the Home-owners section.